Take your teaching to the next level. This training is intended for those who are already trained to teach yoga, body movement, fitness, acrobatics, or aerial arts. Soma Tree Aerial Yoga Teacher Training is grounded in the teachings of 8 limbed & vinyasa yoga. ST~AYTT takes flight through an intimate understanding of & relationship with aerial circus arts. This practice lends itself to deepening levels of self exploration and self expression. Teachers will climb to higher heights in strength, flexibility, body awareness, & confidence.
- To awaken passionate & intuitive aerial yoga teaching skills & cultivate curiosity.
- To deepen awareness of body, mind, and spirit.
- To be introduced to teaching Aerial Yoga from two distinct perspectives, traditional ground yoga & aerial arts, the fusion of transformation and fun.
- To develop your personal aerial yoga practice.
- To discover how to use your personal practice to inform your teaching.
- To use your understanding of the principles and postures of Vinyasa yoga as a foundation for creating & teaching Aerial Yoga Classes.
- To gain an understanding of the alignment, anatomy, physiology, and kinesiology of Aerial Yoga.
- To be able to effectively teach aerial asana, vinyasa, mindfulness, meditation, sacred embodiment, and pranayama related to an aerial yoga practice.
- To be capable of creating and holding sacred space for your students to practice in the classroom setting.
- To feel confident to safely adjust and position students into correct postures with words and with touch.
- To become certified to teach Soma Tree Aerial Yoga and to obtain YAI continuing education credits.
- Authentic Voice
- Anatomy & Physiology of Aerial Yoga
- Integrating Principles of Yoga ~ Pranayama, Mudra, Mantra, Drishti
- Asana Using an Aerial Swing
- Introduction to Therapeutic Aerial Yoga
- Personal Practice as Your Greatest Teaching Tool
- Yoga Philosophy, Ethics, and Lifestyle
- Sequencing an Aerial Yoga Class
- Holding Sacred Space
- Safety & Equipment
- Assist & Adjust
- Practice Teach